Natural Hair Style Icon.


Hello,
Everyone wants an afro right?
I want it and I am working hard to get it.For those who have natural hair,it isn't just an easy job growing a healthy natural hair.
What won't I do for such a beautiful,heavy and long natural hair?Anything!You name it!.I am always checking  webs to find better products and better advises on hair products.I am so glad I found someone from my region who know better than I do.I present to you Kayla.Hope you enjoy it.
Introduce yourself!
K: My name is Kayla and I’m from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Or as I like to say, SIXburgh.
Why did you make the decision to go natural?
K:
 I recently learned what “natural” truly means. Before I sheared my relaxed ends, I thought natural simply meant “no weave”. Oh, was I terribly mistaken. I don’t know whose idea it was, but when I was 10 years old one of my family members decided for me that I needed a relaxer. It wasn’t until I was 13 or 14 when I started wondering “Wait, why do I need relaxers? What’s wrong with my hair the way it is?” As an adult, I decided to make the change, and I wish I had gone natural sooner.
I got my last relaxer in June 2010. I transitioned for a while before I did my big chop. I decided I could no longer wait for my relaxer to completely grow out. Why? You ask. Because I was growing impatient. I sheared my relaxed ends on May 22, 2011.
How would you describe your texture?
K:
 My hair is multi-textured, but is predominantly 3c. My hair is dense and fine, but I always strive to create more voluminous curls! Bigger is better when it comes to natural hair.
Describe your styling regimen over the course of the month.
K:
 I typically wear my hair in a twist out more often than any other natural styles I might experiment with. After a co-wash, I follow the L.O.C. (Liquid-Oil-Cream) method to moisturize before starting my twist out. I use regular Olive Oil and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream essentially every day due to my constant battle with dryness.
What does wash day look like for you?
K:
 Wash day is not every day. I may wet and spray my hair daily, but I don’t wash it more than twice a month. I co-wash with a conditioner, usually whatever is on sale like V05. I’m not too picky when it comes to conditioner. Very seldom do I use shampoo after learning about the damaging effects of sulfates. I use Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo maybe once a month. It lasts a long time for me.
Describe your favorite go-to hairstyle for days when you don’t have a lot of time to style.
K:
 When time is a constraint or I’m already running late I like to leave my hair out in an afro and pull up a small section of hair on the side and pin it up. It’s quick, simple, and cute. I don’t wear protective styles too often because I simply don’t know how to do hair that well…I’m still learning and YouTube is helping tremendously!
How do you combat shrinkage?
K:
 Shrinkage is a natural hair problem that comes with the territory. To stretch my hair to its limits I follow these steps:
1. Co-wash.
2. Detangle and apply olive oil and Cantu Shea Butter.
3. Blow out my hair on medium heat.
4. Twist my hair into medium/small twists.
5. Pull each twist to the opposite side and pin it down with bobby pins.
6. Toss on my satin cap.
Lastly, I get ready to untwist the next day and reveal super stretched and defined curls.
What are some of your problem areas (if any) that require special care and attention?
K:
 Dryness ails my curly mane. Luckily, it’s nothing a little olive oil and Cantu Shea Butter can’t remedy. The L.O.C. method is my trusted way of battling dried out curls.
What are 2 do’s for your texture?
K:
 I don’t proclaim to be a Natural Hair Guru, but I have learned some important tips about natural hair care.
To-Do’s for 3c hair:
1. Always use a wide tooth comb to detangle.
2. Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize.
3. Sleep with satin.
What are 2 don’ts for your texture?
K:
 NOT To-Do’s for 3c hair:
1. DO NOT blow dry too often.
2. DO NOT pull too hard on your hair when wet.
3. DO NOT become a product junkie. Find your core, trusted products and stick with them! You’ll save time and money!
Is there a blog/webpage where we can find you?
K:
 If you want to hear or see more of me, follow me on Tumblr at www.curleychaos.tumblr.com and on Instagram: CurleyChaos.

1 comment

  1. Damn i want her hair! she's beautiful. She says her hair is dense and fine but its a perfect afro, mine is dense and fine too and boy does it not give me headache,but i love it.

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig