Natural Hair Style Icon.


Hello,
Everyone wants an afro right?
I want it and I am working hard to get it.For those who have natural hair,it isn't just an easy job growing a healthy natural hair.
What won't I do for such a beautiful,heavy and long natural hair?Anything!You name it!.I am always checking  webs to find better products and better advises on hair products.I am so glad I found someone from my region who know better than I do.I present to you Kayla.Hope you enjoy it.
Introduce yourself!
K: My name is Kayla and I’m from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Or as I like to say, SIXburgh.
Why did you make the decision to go natural?
K:
 I recently learned what “natural” truly means. Before I sheared my relaxed ends, I thought natural simply meant “no weave”. Oh, was I terribly mistaken. I don’t know whose idea it was, but when I was 10 years old one of my family members decided for me that I needed a relaxer. It wasn’t until I was 13 or 14 when I started wondering “Wait, why do I need relaxers? What’s wrong with my hair the way it is?” As an adult, I decided to make the change, and I wish I had gone natural sooner.
I got my last relaxer in June 2010. I transitioned for a while before I did my big chop. I decided I could no longer wait for my relaxer to completely grow out. Why? You ask. Because I was growing impatient. I sheared my relaxed ends on May 22, 2011.
How would you describe your texture?
K:
 My hair is multi-textured, but is predominantly 3c. My hair is dense and fine, but I always strive to create more voluminous curls! Bigger is better when it comes to natural hair.
Describe your styling regimen over the course of the month.
K:
 I typically wear my hair in a twist out more often than any other natural styles I might experiment with. After a co-wash, I follow the L.O.C. (Liquid-Oil-Cream) method to moisturize before starting my twist out. I use regular Olive Oil and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream essentially every day due to my constant battle with dryness.
What does wash day look like for you?
K:
 Wash day is not every day. I may wet and spray my hair daily, but I don’t wash it more than twice a month. I co-wash with a conditioner, usually whatever is on sale like V05. I’m not too picky when it comes to conditioner. Very seldom do I use shampoo after learning about the damaging effects of sulfates. I use Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo maybe once a month. It lasts a long time for me.
Describe your favorite go-to hairstyle for days when you don’t have a lot of time to style.
K:
 When time is a constraint or I’m already running late I like to leave my hair out in an afro and pull up a small section of hair on the side and pin it up. It’s quick, simple, and cute. I don’t wear protective styles too often because I simply don’t know how to do hair that well…I’m still learning and YouTube is helping tremendously!
How do you combat shrinkage?
K:
 Shrinkage is a natural hair problem that comes with the territory. To stretch my hair to its limits I follow these steps:
1. Co-wash.
2. Detangle and apply olive oil and Cantu Shea Butter.
3. Blow out my hair on medium heat.
4. Twist my hair into medium/small twists.
5. Pull each twist to the opposite side and pin it down with bobby pins.
6. Toss on my satin cap.
Lastly, I get ready to untwist the next day and reveal super stretched and defined curls.
What are some of your problem areas (if any) that require special care and attention?
K:
 Dryness ails my curly mane. Luckily, it’s nothing a little olive oil and Cantu Shea Butter can’t remedy. The L.O.C. method is my trusted way of battling dried out curls.
What are 2 do’s for your texture?
K:
 I don’t proclaim to be a Natural Hair Guru, but I have learned some important tips about natural hair care.
To-Do’s for 3c hair:
1. Always use a wide tooth comb to detangle.
2. Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize.
3. Sleep with satin.
What are 2 don’ts for your texture?
K:
 NOT To-Do’s for 3c hair:
1. DO NOT blow dry too often.
2. DO NOT pull too hard on your hair when wet.
3. DO NOT become a product junkie. Find your core, trusted products and stick with them! You’ll save time and money!
Is there a blog/webpage where we can find you?
K:
 If you want to hear or see more of me, follow me on Tumblr at www.curleychaos.tumblr.com and on Instagram: CurleyChaos.

1 comment:

  1. Damn i want her hair! she's beautiful. She says her hair is dense and fine but its a perfect afro, mine is dense and fine too and boy does it not give me headache,but i love it.

    ReplyDelete

ABOUT


Hello, My name is Chantal. A Rwandan girl now living in Pittsburgh. Welcome to my little fashion world!
Enjoy the journey.

SOCIAL



Love of Fashion. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

ARCHIVE

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

SEARCH